- Dell OpenMangement installed
- SNMPWALK .18.104.22.168.4.1.674.10892.1 to verify functionality
- Copy the dell_poweredge_* scripts to the \cacti\resources\snmp_queries\ folder.
- Import the cacti* templates.
- Add the Dell PowerEdge Data Query to a device
- From the 'Create Graphs for this Host' screen, select the Dell environmental devices and click create.
Additionally, if you want Cacti to show the textual status for the various fields like the screenshots, you must do a few things. My PowerEdge 840 sadly doesn't have much to monitor.
- Copy the following MIB files to your primary mib folder. On Windows this would be C:\Net-SNMP\share\snmp\mibs\. The MIBs:
- 10892.mib - (from dell's openmangement cd or install folders)
- dcs3fru.mib - (from dell's openmangement cd or install folders)
- dcstorag.mib - (from dell's openmangement cd or install folders)
- Modify your Net-SNMP snmp.conf and add: mibs +MIB-Dell-10892 on a new line.
1.1: Updated the poweredge temperature graph template due to a cacti import bug
1.0: Initial release
Use this forum post