This plugin can be download here: cacti_plugin_camm_v1.5.3.zip
View and manage syslog and/or snmp traps and infos messages Plugin, which allows you to view/delete/alert/mark/manage SNMPTT's (snmp traps and infos) OR/AND SYSLOG's messages stored in a database.
- Group all messages by [cacti host template]/[hostname]/facility|eventname
- Powerful filter
- Online show/hide columns to show
- Component system - You can enable only syslog or only snmptt or both
- Rules, which allow delete/email/mark/(execute user php function) on messages based on powerful filter
- Export selected messages to Excel (xml format)
- AutoPurge messages based on age of message or maximum count of messages in table
- For snmptt component it is:
- snmptt program http://www.snmptt.org/;
- NET-SNMP trapd;
- For syslog component it is Syslog-ng (or any other syslog server which is able to write the data in a mysql.
Install just like any other plugin, just throw it in the plugin directory, in a folder called camm.
1. Install it in [Plugin Management] page of Cacti;
2. Enable plugin;
If you will be use syslog component - it is time to stop. Before to continue further, it is necessary to choose - what variant of syslog shem's to use.
- At first it is necessary to be defined - to store the data in a separate database (dafault “syslog-ng”) or in Cacti db. After that import sql from camm/sql/plugin_camm_syslog.sql to that mysql DB.
- The second - it is necessary to decide - to use what scheme for syslog messages - with use of the temp table (Being in memory, it is used for a considerable quantity of entering messages which are then processed and after that are transferred to the main table) or without (default). If you choose the first variant - then import sql file camm/sql/plugin_camm_syslog_incoming_memory.sql
3. Open camm tab to start autoupgrade process;
4. In camm tab open “setting” tab and enable components to use (snmptt, syslog);
For syslog component - check correct values for [syslog db name] and [syslog incoming table] settings.
If you need additional help, please go to http://forums.cacti.net/viewtopic.php?t=31374