This plugin, the original work of Howard Jones (http://wotsit.thingy.com) is a Cacti plugin that allows the Cacti UI to be extended in ways that make it easy for non plugin developers to use.
- It supports ANY number of extra tabs
- It will dynamically create the Tab graphics as pages are created
- It has the same user-based access-control as Weathermap
- It allows you to add new links to the Console menu as well as tabs and also blocks of content to the 'Welcome' front page.
- Allows you to directly embed another website/application without writing any HTML
- Allows you to modify the look of the login screen, to add your company's branding.
- It's also handy if you are a plugin developer, and need some tab graphics!
SuperLinks also requires the 'gd' php module and the related GD library (or DLL). It also requires that GD was built with PNG support and Freetype support.
Just as any other Cacti plugin - unzip into your plugins folder, install and enable it from the Cacti Plugin Management page.
Go into Cacti's User Management and give yourself permission to Manage and View External Links.
Copy some HTML fragments into the plugins/superlinks/content/ directory
Go to Cacti's Console menu, and Management..External Links pages
Choose Add, and then pick a file from the content list or a random href to your favorite web site. You can then choose the name of the Tab or Menu Item, and which of those it will be.
Click on the username in the 'Acccesible By' column to change which users are allowed to see this particular page. Tabs will disappear for other users.
NOTES The files in content directory should NOT be complete HTML files - they should have no HEAD or BODY tags. Only the stuff that would normally appear inside <body>. There are multiple example files in the directory already.
See COPYING for the license under which SuperLinks is released (short version - it's GPLed).
This plugin includes one icon from Mark James's excellent Silk icon set. These are released under under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. The full icon set is available at http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
The supplied DejaVu Fonts are copyright Bitstream, with some additional glyphs copyright Tavmjung Bah. DejaVu changes are in public domain. For more information see:
The fantastic jQuery library is also included, which is released under the GPL. http://docs.jquery.com/License
If you need additional help, please goto http://forums.cacti.net
Please log into http://bugs.cacti.net