This plugin can be download here:
|V 0.32||never published||
|V 0.34||never published||
Maintaining a quite decent Cacti installation with lots of devices, graphs and tree items may result in quite a huge amount of administrative work.
Using the cli scripts allows you to write your own scripts to e.g. create Cacti device entries, graphs, tree items and more. This helps e.g. interfacing a CMDB or some other repository that holds information about devices that shall be monitored.
- create new graphs automatically
- create new tree entries automatically
- Rules are executed in following cases:
- a cli script is called (e.g. add_device.php, add_graph.php, …)
- a Re-Index is performed on a Data Query. This includes poller_reindex_hosts.php
- A new Host is created. In this case, Rules for _ALL_ associated Data Queries are executed one after the other
- Simple Graph Templates will be evaluated to create those graphs in any event.
Before you install AUTOM8, you need to have met the following pre-requisites:
- Cacti 0.8.7x using Plugin Architecture V2.x. Tested using PIA 2.4
- Install all patches provided with this plugin:
To do so, please go to main Cacti directory. Then, please run
patch -p1 -N --dry-run < plugins/autom8/<version>/cli.patch
If everything looks fine, omit the –dry-run
patch -p1 -N < plugins/autom8/<version>/cli.patch
Do this for all patch files. <version> is either “patches-087d”, “patches-087e” or “patches-087g”.
When using Plugin Architecture 2.9 there's no need for patching. This procedure will as well be obsolete with Cacti 088.
Install prereqs. Gunzip and untar as usual. See Installation Manual for in-depth description of everything.
Please find a full featured 30 page manual attached as a pdf: Automate Manual (as of v0.35). This manual is as well part of the downloadable code!
If you need additional help, please goto http://forums.cacti.net
Default Graph Rules provided by this Plugin as an Example
The Plugin provides means to test the rules
Default Tree Rule